It’s me. 😉
That title probably has you wondering who I am. For those of you who don’t know, the title is taken from the music video that is set to “Get Me Bodied,” by her majesty, Beyoncé. I will link to that specific spot just so we all can be on the same page.
Anyway, my name is Kyla Bass. I guess I’ll share my full name; nothing is on the internet that will incriminate me that I know of…
Here’s five things you may or may not know about me:
- I absolutely love music, even country music. I especially love “discovering” old songs in new songs. I say “even country music” because I’m more into like the Shania Twain or Carrie Underwood types, or the guy that sings “Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk.” That song is a classic. Expect a song to be shared. It’s like I’m sharing a piece of my heart that I can’t get back. So to not listen to it is to slowly kill me.
- Girl, I am a history buff, specifically the global history of Africans who were enslaved and their known/unknown contributions to history during enslavement, what life was like and the contributions made to global history before enslavement, and the aftermath of enslavement on today’s society. It’s deep and painful but needs to be known. It happened in the past, yes, but don’t you know that past actions can affect future decisions? If you wanna know about it, I got like AT LEAST 15 books you can check out. So, yes, expect some posts about race and other topics that cause cognitive dissonance and/or end friendships!
- I love memes, gifs, and the most terrible puns one can muster. Send them my way, shawty.
- I’ve been playing the piano since I was 8 years old. No one really knows that. I took lessons until I went off to college and did one semester in lessons, and that’s when I discovered that minoring in piano performance wasn’t for me lol. I had to practice 6 hours a day, and I wasn’t a music major. I wouldn’t have been able to balance that with a chemistry major. But, I do play from time to time and practice my scales, chords, and arpeggios. I can even teach you a lesson if you want, free of charge.
- Finally, but certainly first, is Yahweh and his son Yeshua, their love for me, and my love for them. Girl, it ain’t easy! There’s been ups and downs, real thug tears shed, but through it all, They were there. There have been moments in my life where I strayed far away, and I’d love to share that with you; just ask. I’m still a work in progress, but I am not who/where I used to be.
Back to Beyoncé! Her birthday was on September 4th, and she’s old enough to be president. Donald and Hillary bout to be shook! You don’t have to like her, and you’re entitled to your wrong opinion, but that’s ok! There is redemption at the foot of the cross!
Here’s a song to share. This song is called, “Can’t Get Used to Losing You,” by Andy Williams. You can find the first few seconds used in Beyoncé’s song, “Hold Up,” from her latest album, Lemonade.
Anyway, I hope to post more things happening in life, the world, or my unadulterated/unwanted opinion on topics. This year will be pretty busy, but I’ll try to keep up as best I can! Thanks for reading; have a wonderful day/night/morning!
Also, I have a tumblr, but you’ll never find it. ever.
EDIT: just watched the honkey tonk badonkadonk video… like none of those girls’ butts were badonkadonk worthy….?